The involvement of the Cowdray Estate with the school dates back to 1909 when the present Lord Cowdray’s great-grandfather bought the estate. Both the school’s old site and its present site originally belonged to the estate. The current site was conveyed to the West Sussex County Council in 1967 under the provision of the 1944 Education Act. The family’s interest in the primary school has been a constant source of support since 1909 and this relationship was formally recognised in June, 2015, when Lord Cowdray accepted the role of Patron to the school.
One of Lord Cowdray’s first contributions as Patron was the delivery of the sand required for the long jump pit to be used at Sports Day. This has since proved to be a very popular event! We are also lucky enough to have two leased minibuses to further promote learning outside the classroom and one of these is generously sponsored by Lord Cowdray whilst the other is funded by the PTFA. Last year, Lady Cowdray generously supported our mindfulness initiative.